Our mission at Attornist is to bring everyone a platform where they can have legal
knowledge and legal services at the same time. We believe promoted content can play
a big role in helping people create a life they love and self awareness. which is why
we want ads to be some of the best stuff you see on Attornist. If you follow these
guidelines, you’ll be all set for promoting great content on Attornnist.
Be authentic with your audience
Authenticity means being truthful and honest about the product or service you're
promoting. It also means being transparent with people about what they should
expect when they interact with your products or services.
Be honest about your relationship with Attornist
Your ads should stick to our brand guidelines and shouldn't suggest that Attornist is
sponsoring your promotion or is formally affiliated with it. Basically, your design
should look like it came from your business, not from Attornist.
Respect the rights of others
Your ads can't infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party, including
copyright, trademark or privacy rights.
Don’t target sensitive categories
Targeting certain audiences can be inappropriate and offensive. It's never okay to
target people in a way that implies you're aware of sensitive info about them. You
can't target any audience based on:
◦ Sensitive health or medical condition
◦ Race, color or ethnic origin
◦ Negative financial status or condition
◦ Religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs
◦ Sexual behavior or orientation
◦ Alleged or actual commission of a crime
Be responsible with your content
We don’t allow certain categories of advertising and restrict others. As always, you're
responsible for the content you promote on Attornist, as well as the safety and
trustworthiness of the products and services you offer.
Be thoughtful with your editorial
To keep ads inspiring and actionable, we set high standards for the editorial quality of
ads on Attornist
Ads should adhere to the highest levels of editorial quality. We don’t allow ads with:
◦ Fuzzy or grainy images (try at least 600×900 pixels)
◦ Incorrectly oriented images (upside down or sideways)
◦ Poorly edited images or poorly cropped images
◦ Overly busy images that are packed with text overlay or have too many font
styles and colours (try no more than 4 frames and 2 font styles or colours)
◦ Improper grammar, incorrect spelling or excessive capitalisation and symbols
◦ Low-quality user-generated content like selfies and screenshots
Quality landing pages
We care about the ad experience from start to finish—including the URL your ad
links to. We want to make sure users find what they're looking for when they click
through. We don’t allow landing pages to:
◦ Require people to take an action (like signing up) before they can see certain
content unless your ad makes it clear that this is required
◦ Have pop-up ads or start automatic downloads on someone’s device
◦ Force people to visit another page
◦ Contain primarily advertising content (made-for-ads sites)
Prohibited content guidelines
We don’t allow the advertising of:
◦ Adult or pornographic videos, publications, live shows
◦ Sexual enhancement products
◦ Services that provide casual sex, international matchmaking or escorts.
We also don't allow:
◦ Nudity or implied nudity (such as blurred out images and illustrations)
◦ Implied sexual activity (clothed or unclothed)
◦ Any focus on certain body parts (genitals, pubic hair, male or female butts and
• Ads that demean, degrade, discriminate or show hate toward a particular race,
ethnicity, culture, country, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity or expression, disability or condition, or toward any
member of a protected class.
• Ads that promote harassment or bullying.
We want ads to be beautiful and useful. We don’t want them to pressure or trick users
with baiting content. We don’t allow sensational clickbait tactics that exploit user
◦ Playing on people’s fear
◦ Critiquing deficiencies
◦ Using alarmist or gawk-worthy language or images
◦ Purposefully withholding information
Drugs and paraphernalia
We don’t allow the advertising of:
◦ The sale or use of illegal or recreational drugs
◦ Informational material about the use or legalization of illegal or recreational
◦ Ads including imagery of illegal or recreational drugs
◦ Accessories associated with drug use including paraphernalia for using, storing
or consuming illegal or recreational drugs
We don't allow the advertising of anything that facilitates or promotes illegal
products, services, or activities, including products that provide instructions for or
equipment to illegally access or tamper with software, servers, cell phones or
websites, and links to software that results in a malicious user experience.
Ads must not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other legal rights
of any person or entity. For that reason, Advertisers must have in place all necessary
rights and permissions for all elements of their ads. Ads must not feature the name,
likeness (including lookalikes), voice (including sound-alikes) or other identifying
features of an individual without the individual’s consent.
The following is prohibited:
• Ads for products or services principally used to infringe the intellectual
property rights of others, such as those designed to bypass copyright protection
(for example, software or cable signal descramblers).
• Ads for products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit
products, such as imitations of designer or officially-licensed products.
• Ads that are deceptive, false or misleading, including deceptive claims, offers
or business practices.
• Ads that deceive users into providing personal information without their
knowledge, under false pretences or that otherwise misuse personal
Keep in mind…
You need to make sure your ads follow our standard ad guidelines. You need to
follow all applicable local laws, regulations and industry codes. You must also follow
our community guidelines, terms and the above advertising guidelines. These
advertising guidelines apply to all parts of your promoted content, including the
image, description and destination—and they apply to features like audience
We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad that negatively affects our relationship
with people on Attornist or that goes against our interests. We may also remove ads,
categories of ads, or advertisers that get lots of negative feedback from people on
Attornnist. These rules may change at any time.